• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

info regarding natural cleansing

asecin

Bluelighter
i read in few books on alternative medicine (just the name hints mostly crap) and i saw dandelion refereed to as liver cleansing herb but i personaly never met someone mentioning it as such. i tried google, but tons of results about so many things, it gave me a headache going through it.
my question is, anyone tried dandelion tea for liver problems either in combo or by itself and had positive results ? if not, what else can be helpful besides the popular milk thistle ? :\

cane2theleft that answers only 20% of what i really wanted in this thread. tnx tho

If I had information on dandelions, I would've shared. Out of courtesy, next time I'll abstain unless I can answer 100% of your questions.

Last edited:
Dandelion is an old herbal liver tonic. it is assumed to have a good effect on the liver by increasing bile flow and helping move fats away from the liver. As far as good for your liver stuff dandelion isn't that great in my estimation but does have some good effect. If someone has gallbladder problems or like issues increasing bile flow can actually be a bit of a problem.

Supplements that increases glutathione tend to be very good for the liver. SAM-e as mentioned by Cane2theleft, taurine, milk thistle, n-acetly cysteine, as examples. Things that are lipotropic tend to be good for livers stressed by alcoholism or obesity. Choline, taurine, milk thistle, dandelion, burdoch, l-carnintine and others are in this category. A lot of these actually have some overlap doing both the raising gluthione, moving bile, and helping decrease fatty accumulations in the liver.

Most drug store combination products labeled as liver supplements tend to be overpriced and have weak amounts of a lot of their ingredients in my opinion. Buying individual components separately is a better deal and likely better.